A downloadable tool for Windows and Linux
Tippo is a tiny typing software that lets you practice over the basic alphabetic characters locations on your keyboard while writing what you want to read.
I've always been in search of a typing tutor or a game with a perfect balance between educational purpose and fun. My attention span always went down, depending on the boredom of the educational intent or the advanced skill level that most typing games require.
The solution is simple: practicing while reading something interesting, so that I don't get upset with my goals of practicing and, at the same time, being motivated in completing the book, the text, or the Wiki page I want to read.
- Import your text files and use them for practicing.
- Get something to practice on from the web, like a Wiki page or a randomly generated story.
- Change character disposition, colors, and size. You can also import a custom TrueType font.
Before you buy
Keep in mind that:
- The actual typing check is extremely simplified (only alphabetical characters case-insensitive). The reason for this is that the selling point of this tool is to practice remembering those key locations on the keyboard without further complications.
- I'm a one-man-band and I'll try to fix any possible issue inside the limits of my abilities and possibilities.
- I'm considering adding new features, like importing text from eBooks files or adding typing check settings to make the experience harder for those who desire it, but these features could come in the unforeseen future, depending also on the feedback of users.
This whole description has been written without looking at the keyboard ♥
Click download now to get access to the following files: